Addie had her first follow up appointment today and her cast was removed today, as well! Her finger is doing ok. The doctor said it looks exactly like how he expected to look. It is black and the doctor indicated that the black skin will fall off and we will have a better idea of how the fingertip is doing. So, her cast is off now and she is in a finger splint to protect her finger from injury. She has a follow up appointment in another two weeks. For now, she is doing great and continues to be such a brave little girl! I am so proud of her and how she is handling all of this for being just three years old!

1 comment:
I'm so relieved Addie is doing okay. And I'm thankful her finger is healing the way it should. What a miracle.
This is just going to turn into one of those funny family stories she's going to share with people for years: "When I was three a door broke off my finger..."
And if she can smile through this at three, imagine how strong she will be through life's other challenges as she grows older. :)
Post a Comment